Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Tough Times

I just thought I would post my/our weekend that we had.. It all started on Sunday when I woke up not feeling well. I had a stomach ache and sorta wondered maybe I would have some kidney stone pain coming. I usually get a stomach ache before I have the kidney pain. Well, about three o'clock on Sunday I started to not feel well, I laid down and took it easy. At around 9. I was getting ready for bed and I had told Curt I really don't feel well. I got up to go to the bathroom and by the time I walked out of the bathroom and into our room I wad doubled over and in some serious pain. I knew right away it was a stone. BUT.. I had pain on my left side. And the past year with all the kidney problems I have had, I have never had pain on that side because the stones on that side are like 3/4 to an inch big. Yah, I know they are HUGE. So I was a little concerned learning that from my last appt. two weeks ago my urolist said that side should be good unless those stones tried to move.. Well, that is exaclty what they did. They were trying to move and I was obstructing. I went into the ER on Sunday night, they admitted me and I thought I could go home on Monday mid day. They gave me some pain meds and I thought I would be on my way and be fine. Well.. they no longer took my IV out and we already had problems, I went home thinking I was okay and I took my meds and laid in bed all day. By about 2 that afternoon I was back into the Park Rapids ER. I was much worse at this point. Things with my kidneys were much worse and not going well. I had the urge to go to the bathroom but I could not go. It was so miserable. I knew then I was in some trouble. They had to cath me and get some more tests and by 8 that night PR sent me to Fargo, having emergency surgery for the obstructing kidney that was happening. I was so scared, nervous and not to mention in pain. I feel like I have hit a lot of stumbling blocks with this situation and it is taking forever to fix. I have had a lot of people ask why can't they just go in and take care of the problem all at once? Well, I wish they could. It is too risky though. They have to do it in steps so that the risk goes down. So as of right now I have had two sugeries and I will have the third one on the 29th. That one is more risky than the last two I have had and I am very nervous/scared/worried.. you name it. All I keep thinking about it my babies and hubby who need me and I need to be here for them. I do worry about things like this and I know that worrying does not help what the situation is but I still do. I just cannot help it. I am tired of not feeling well day after day and never knowing when I will have an attack. I just wanted to ask for som EXTRA prayers right now if you all wouldn't mind. I pray every day that this gets better. I remember laying on the OR table and praying as they got me prepped for the surgery. I kept asking God to protect me and send me Angels. I prayed until the second I went totally under. I know God can hear me and will protect me and I have to trust in him.

Thank you for all who have/will/are praying. I do appreciate it and I just hope everything goes well. I just want to feel better and not have to worry about this problem anymore.

1 comment:

everchangin' clan said...

I am so sorry to hear of this pain & all you've been going thru - I am always checking in & praying for you & your beautiful beautiful family!!! You'll make it thru this, Ash, God knows you are needed here & He has blessed you so much as He has us by placing you in our lives too.

lv, Stac